New Marvel is a Marvel Universe RPG that centers particularly around the stories of the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants. Enroll as your own Superbeing/Mutant in this parallel Earth of the Marvel Universe!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

An unusual encounter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lily

Character sheet
Alias: Volt
Affiliation: Neutral
Classification: Level 3 Mutant

PostSubject: An unusual encounter    Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Lily was walking home from work around 3 pm. She was happy she took the morning hours at resterant she work at. It gave her the day off which Is what she needed. She was going through some rough times with her payment on her apartment and her degree. She barely had money to feed herself. Right now she was looking forward to a nice bath and a day of watching tv.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overlord
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Alias: Overlord
Affiliation: Brotherhood of Mutants, Terra Hereditas
Classification: Level 5 Mutant

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Overlord had crept out of the shadows from a few yards behind the walking-mutant. This meta-human was shown capable of manipulating lightning based on various spies stationed within the United States. These spies were trained to do their job well, and knew how to do it perfectly; it was a good thing, because Overlord wasn't able to send any of his Droids onto the soil of the United States because that would break their territorial agreements and perhaps lead to a declaration of war. Overlord was capable of reading her thoughts, he knew she was looking forward to finishing another normal day with a bath and some episodes of a television series Overlord had never even heard of. Her day would change... And she'd be thinking for an entire night about this soon-to-be encounter, and proposal.

Overlord walked towards the woman calmly, with a song expression on his face, one that was calm, luxurious if not pleasant to look at despite the odd meeting. "Ma'am, I believe you've dropped your wallet." Overlord had knelt down and picked up her wallet. In reality, Overlord had simply changed the wallets position, moving it from her coat pocket to the surface of the concrete - he would use the wallet in order to catch her attention, and she would recognize him as the King of Terra Hereditas a home for Mutantkind upon turning around to face him in order to retrieve her wallet from his hand. There were billboards everywhere inviting Mutantkind to the various means of transportation that are identified accordingly and allowed entry into Terra Hereditas's borders. How she would repond to this encounter was her own business, though, Overlord was capable of reading her thoughts, he could only use traces of her brains messaging against her in order to perceive movement of any kind, despite this he was totally sensitive to movement of all kinds which always gave him an edge in combat, and aided him generally for a series of purposes.

Are you a god-fearing man, Senator? That is such a strange phrase. I've always thought of god as a teacher - a bringer of light, wisdom, and understanding. You see, I think what you really fear is me. Me and my kind: the Brotherhood of Mutants.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:51 am

Lily had bennwalking along the street sort of surprised on how little people were taking this street. She heard someone say she dropped her wallet. She cursed in her head, wishing she could just find her damned purse cause her wallet kept falling out of her pocket. She turned around to thank the person and to get her wallet back. "Thank you." said Lily taking her wallet back. She then recognized the person. It was the Mutant in charge of that one mutant safe haven. "How can I help you?" she asked a bit scare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overlord
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:29 am

Overlord smiled pleasantly in response to her question. "Help me?" Overlord paused. "I'm here to offer my help to you." Before going into more depth about this invitation, Overlord decided it was only proper to introduce himself. "I am Overlord, King of Terra Hereditas the only Nation in the world where Mutants truly belong, and can feel safe from the prejudice of homo sapiens." He referred to Humans as if they were aliens of society, undeserving their own existence on the surface of the world. "I am well aware of the fact that you are seperate from the kind you work among; you are homo sapiens superior." He paused a second time. "I've come myself to request your presence on Terra Hereditas. Know that you won't have to worry about security, food or drink. All of it will be prepared for you everyday, with a wide assortment of cuisine. You'll even be able to meet others much like yourself." Overlord attempted to draw her into joining his small, island-nation. She would have everything there, a lot more then she has here. She wouldn't have to worry about safety, health or making friends and fitting in - why wouldn't she become a civilian of Terra Hereditas?

Are you a god-fearing man, Senator? That is such a strange phrase. I've always thought of god as a teacher - a bringer of light, wisdom, and understanding. You see, I think what you really fear is me. Me and my kind: the Brotherhood of Mutants.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:00 am

"Actually humans are classified as homo-sapien-sapiens." corrected Lily. She Listened to Overlord's offer. "How did you find out I'm a mutant, I've never told or shown anyone my powers." She paused. "I'm in the middle of college, I have 1 more year till my degree and I have work to do. I have morals and stuff that makes me work of what I have." She paused and began to walk away. "I appreciate the offer though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overlord
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:09 am

It was clear that this rogue-mutant couldn't identify the obvious disdain in Overlord's words in regards to homo sapiens. Afterwards she had questioned how the Overlord knew that she was a Mutant; it was an odd question, someone as ordinary as herself wouldn't bother to question why the King of Mutantkind would know another Mutant when he sees one. "...I am Ruler of Terra Hereditas, it is my job to know who is a Mutant and who isn't." She had explained how she was a college student as if it was something totally significant for her life. This Mutant had no idea what the future would become if Mutants were to remain oppressed like they are in the present-day; all this effort would be for not. All-in-all the Mutant seemed uninterested in taking up Overlord's generous offer. "I'd expect you to simply walk away from an offer so unknowing to you." Overlord paused as she continued walking slowly away. "It's impossible to hide your genetics from society for the rest of your life; and when the time arises that the government finally conquers Mutantkind in the United States, you will have no place to go and will be subject to much suffering." He paused once more. "This offer is rare, Volt - that is what they call you, is it not? I'm only offering you safety for your future." He turned his back on Volt. "Please consider my offer; that alias will eventually wear down... In reality it is a tag, marking your downfall in a society ruled by mere homo-sapiens." He began walking in the opposite direction slowly.

"Take a look at one of my billboards sometimes, there is a map which can lead you to three locations where Mutants like yourself go to in order to be transported to Terra Hereditas." With that said, he continued his exit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:30 pm

"I'll keep the offer in mind!" said Lily sounding upbeat. She walked away form him and spent the next 20 minutes to get to her apartment. She entered her apartment and looked out the window. She smiled in surprised when she realized the one of the billboards Overlord mentioned was near her apartment complex.She closed the blinds and sat in front of the TV, turning it on. Maybe at one point I'll check the place out... thought Lily even though Overlord seemed to have different ideals then Lily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psych

Character sheet
Alias: Psych
Affiliation: X-Men
Classification: Level 4 Mutant

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Looking up the building side, Jason felt strange. From an old friend, he heard this young lady was a brilliant artist. Lily, as she was called, had sparked an interest in him, a rare ability by anyone. He liked fine art, but had come to like his own interpretation.

Seeing her enter her apartment he took two minutes deciding if he should talk to her. Finally pushing himself closer to the building, he saw her look out the window. Noting the floor and section of the building, he walked up the stairs to the section and knocked at the door awaiting her answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Lily was surprised to hear some one knocking on her door. She hadnt been expecting anybody today and was Hoping just to spend the day buming around but she got up and began walking to the door. She tripped over some unhung paintings that were laying against the wall that she had forgot about. "Be there in a second." said Lily to whoever was out side her door. She fixed the painting to were they were and walked to the door. She opened the door and looked at the guy outside. "Can I help you?" said Lily.

(ooc: I think overlord left topic so we don't have to wait for him)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psych

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Standing on the other side, Jason heared Lily coming to the door. Thinking why he couldn't go to her at school, he remembered the conversation he was going to have could not be done in public. When she opened the door and asked if she could help, he cleared his throat. She was a brunette and perfectly shaped. Keeping his eyes on her face, he began, " Good night. I heared you are a brilliant artist and I would like to buy some if you will allow me to. I also contacted you personally because........the paintings I want is for a school........" lowering his voice, " the Lorenis Institute for Higher Learning. I just wanted you to embarass me here than in public if you do not want to sell me any." Smiling slightly from what he just said, he waited for her to break the ice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Lily smiled widely then opened her door more. "Sure come on in that a look around." said Lily happily. "I always welcome possible buyers, it helps pay for tuition." She laid out some paintings that were hidden in a closet and some that were just laying around. After she set everything out she showed the man to the room she set it up in. "By the way may I ask your name?" asked Lily. "Also can you tell me about your school."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psych

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:35 pm

When his friend told him her paintings were good, that was an understatement. They were great!!! As well as other qualities he was not told about. Each painting was indeed a work of a true artist. Looking around the room and stealing glances at her, " My name is Jason, Jason Williams. I'm a lecturer at the Institute.......you might get frightened, but it's a school for..................mutants." With that he waited for the usual hate speech, but quickly changed his mind, " They are not dangerous, well some are, but they are children who need help controlling their powers. So we help them be a benefit to the society, not a danger." Looking through a window, " If you're wondering, I'm a mutant also, but, all I came here for are some paintings to buy for the school and I heared you're the best in college. I also wanted something new from someone new in there, If you want me to leave I will." Turning he started to walk slowly towards the room door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:20 pm

"School... for... mutants?" said Lily. "I thought most mutants are at Terra Hereditas." Lily's attitude changed a bit. "I think being a mutant is cool, I should know..." Lily didn't know why she pretty much confessed to being a mutant hidden in a sentence of a different meaning. Maybe it was that he worked at place to help mutants or maybe cause of her talk with overlord earlier. "No you can stay, I don't mind." said Lily. "Just tell me if you find anything you like and we can work out a price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psych

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Turning from the door, " The mutants in Terra Hereditas are there ready for any call to war. The Institute was created to maintain peace between mutants and non-mutants. It's also to show the 'normal' people that we are normal as well." Touching one of the frames, he could feel old feelings bubbling up about 'normal' people. Swallowing the old pains he looked at her, " From what I can see you're an excellent artist. I think I can make a better deal....why don't you work at the Institute after school? Some students would like a good art teacher and the pay is more than acceptable." Leaning against the wall he waited for her to accept the generous offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unusual encounter    

Back to top Go down

An unusual encounter
Page 1 of 1