New Marvel is a Marvel Universe RPG that centers particularly around the stories of the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants. Enroll as your own Superbeing/Mutant in this parallel Earth of the Marvel Universe!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

a strange reunion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lily

Character sheet
Alias: Volt
Affiliation: Neutral
Classification: Level 3 Mutant

PostSubject: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Kira was traveling in the mid-western united states. She was here for no real apparent reason. She had just got up and traveled here. Her instinct told her to go here and she had followed it. She had been traveling sort of zoned out and just traveled by instinct. She snapped back to reality. Right now she was in down town Detroit. She knew this cause she had been here before in the past. She quickly dropped the memory, it wasn't anything like then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caylin
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet
Alias: Nocturne
Affiliation: X-Men

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Caylin was sitting in a Cafe, with a cup of coffee in her hands. She had finally been let off of punishment and she was going to spend her off time relaxing. Taking a sip of her Cafe con leche, and stared up at the sky as she felt a tingle on the back of her neck. She looked around her, to see what could bring about this sensation. Taking another sip from her coffee she, realized that the sensation was becoming louder and louder. Standing from her table she quickly tried to pinpoint the location of the sensation, but it was already staring her in the face. A brief glimpse of a smile appeared on her face, as she sat back down at her table. It's good to see you here.

Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Someone said something and Kira turned to see who. Someone at a cafe spoke to her. Kira's face lit up. "Caylin!" said Kira happily in her slight accent. She walked over to the table and gave her old friend a hug. "I haven't seen you in a long time! Are you still at the academy?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caylin
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Caylin hugged her friend back as she ordered another coffee for her. Yea, I'm still at Lorenis, sit down we should talk. She sat up in her chair and looked at Kira. Where have you been for the past couple months, I haven't heard anything about you.. how has setting off on your own treated you? Taking a sip of her coffee she looked her friend up and down, to see her change in wardrobe, it was a bit dark.

Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:39 pm

Kira sat down at the table and took a sip of the coffee. Her friend asked were she had been and reminded her she left with out noticed. "I've been pursuing reality." said Kira in her slight accent. "Among the mutant community I am better known as Lynx now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caylin
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Caylin listened intently, but as Kira spoke, her confusion grew. Pursuing reality you say? Does that entitle anything... specific or is that just a lazy way of saying you've been doing nothing? Caylin thought about her new codename and smiled. Lynx huh.... I like it better than your old Codename... what was it again? Kitty Cat... Krazy Cat? Something with a K...

Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:51 pm

"I don't even remember anymore...." said Kira in her accent. "I left my old codename behind when i left." Kira smiled lightly. "I want mutants and humans to live together, thats a dream. I the reality is that humans aren't open enough to ever expect us." said Kira. She was truthfully surprised that Caylin never heard of Lynx, Overlord's hand of death. Even though her role wasn't public and secret most mutants know who she is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caylin
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Caylin was halfway listening to her friend as she thought about her old codename. She decided to let it go, as she caught the last of Kira's speech. It will take the human's time to accept us, the professor used to tell us, that what people don't understand they fear, and that makes perfect sense I mean.... you know what we can do as a team.. people have a right to be scared of us. Looking down into her coffee, she sighed, breaking the mist so a glimpse of her face could be seen in the liquid. I'm scared of us...

Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:26 pm

"I've given people time, the professor was wrong. A few may accept us but all of them wont." said Kira in her slight accent. "The mission before I left you didn't go to. I helped a family, saved there lives. All the did was call me a freak of nature and ran away. There are other times that happened as well." Kira paused. "Your abilities are a gift and to be scared of what you can do is good and bad. Bad because you may never reach that next step, good because then you knOw when to stop."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caylin
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Caylin, looked at her friend with a shocked expression. They called you a freak? You do realize that everyone thinks of us as freaks... and to be put in a Life or Death situation, and than to be saved by someone they thought was a demon... it's a shocking time in their lives, I'm sure they were relieved that they were alive.. they just didn't know how to display such enthusiasm. Taking the final sip from her coffee, she placed the cup upside down the plate. I know I shouldn't fear them... but Fear is a good thing... it's a guiding light.

Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 am

"Humans are unforgiving no matter what we do." said Kira in her slight accent. "I'm tired of jumping through hoops for them and nothing changes. You can't say you enjoy jumping through impossible hoops and gaining nothing to help our kind." She put her cup of coffee down. "I was done with it a long time ago."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caylin
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 am

Look some of us have different opinions on the matter, No I can't say I love bending over backwards to save lives, but it's all worth it when that life is saved. I can't sacrifice the well being of another, just so I don't have to put in the work, that's selfish and immoral. Caylin looked into her friend's eyes as she spoke, they were different, dulled maybe. And... you're speaking as if you've gone and done something that's 'separated' you from the macabre of what the X-men do, what... have you gone and joined the Brotherhood? There was an airiness in Caylin's tone, but from the sudden focus in Kira's eyes, she realized it wasn't a laughing matter.

Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Kira looked into her friends eyes. "Lets say the brotherhood and I have similar goals at the moment." said Kira in her slight accent. "I'm surprised you haven't heard of my work." Caylin's eye looked dull. However Kira's eyes flashed dangerously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caylin
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Caylin tried not to show her surprise at the fact. Never let the enemy view your weakness, but could Kira even be considered an Enemy... it was Kira for fuck's sake.. they went through school together, they were roommates. Lynx... was it? I'll have to go home and study up on you. She didn't want to threaten Kira, remembering how she was the stronger of the two, but she couldn't just let her leave, without confronting her. Are you gonna pick up the tab... or should I?

Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:49 pm

"If you can find anything." said Kira in her slight accent." said Kira. She had a feeling that Caylin was surprised to see she joined the brotherhood. Frankly her past self would probably be surprised to. She let a smile appear on her face. "I"ll get the tab." said Kira pulling out her wallet and placing money on the table. She got up and turned around. But before she headed off she looked over her shoulder. A small hint of worry on her face. "There maybe a chance that next time we meet it won't be so friendly, one of us my not see the next day." With that she started to walk away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caylin
Administrator
Administrator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Caylin stood up from her table as Kira paid for the meal. As Kira walked away, Caylin smiled. Calling after her friend she yelled. Hopefully next time, when I win.. you'll have more in your wallet than $12.50. Turning in the opposite direction, she had to begin her trek back to the institute. She had a little homework to catch up on, and a few messages to send, to a certain Overlord.

Lily

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: a strange reunion   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:48 pm

(ooc: finished?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caylin
Administrator
Administrator